Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Promise Land

I'm going on exchange here next semester!

And while you're there, virtually, check out the film "Beton." I think it's the reason why I started using TVPaint Animation Pro. I know I should learn Flash if I ever want a job someday (although I did have an animation internship this summer, but they used Photoshop, which I really don't recommend,) but as a pencil person, lines that can undulate in texture and opacity are very important to me. Plus, it's really nice to not be using an Adobe product. Plus the interface is pretty much intuitive as long as you know how to animate and use alpha channels. But back to that film, it is gorgeous, uses perspective in surprising ways, has many frames you could pause and hang up on a wall, plus it really makes you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment